Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Slacking Blogger

Kite-surfing in Malo les Bains (Dunkerque).

  I know, I know, I've been slacking in my blog game lately. My normal routine has been thrown out the window for the last week or so.

  There's a lot of different things going on for me, so my mind has been wandering a bit. I can't seem focus on anything long enough to write a worthy post. And instead of posting just for the sake of posting, I'm holding out until I regain a little focus on writing. I want to keep things high-quality around here!

  Yesterday (Monday, April 23rd) began my last week 'on the job' here in Dunkerque for the season. The 2011-2012 season has gone incredibly fast for me. Last year at this time, I had already been home for a week or two. So even though this is a much longer season than I've had in a while (eight month contract this year, versus six months last year in Sweden), it's zoomed by just as fast, if not faster than previous seasons.

Springtime in Dunkerque.
  But still, as the end of the season approaches, you start to get antsy. You're excited, but you still have so many things to do. Your job isn't finished. There are still practices to attend, and games to be played, and then other happenings enter into the picture to take your attention. I equate it with the last hour of a 10-hour plane ride. You're ALMOST there, but there you are, still 35,000 feet in the air.

  I have numerous posts started, but I find myself distracted, and can't put the finishing
touches on them (and they're good posts too -- you'll like them, if I ever finish them!!).

  My distractions come in many forms: planning post-season travels, what books I want to read, what I need to do before I leave Dunkerque, what I'm going to do when I get home this summer, what I should be doing today, a new-found obsession with the show Sons of Anarchy, and of course going to workouts and practices.

The beach!
  I guess I'm not as good at multitasking as I thought I was. :)

  But don't fear, vacation-planning is in the books (you'll be hearing more about that in due time!), and I'll try to curb my wandering-mind! So hopefully my writing-cap returns and I can put the finishing touches on some of my entries!

  Talk to you soon!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment