Thursday, September 1, 2011

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

On a hike in Forest Park in Portland.

  Hey there world! I'm Sabrina. I'm in my 9th (yes, NINTH) season of playing professional basketball in Europe. After running around various gyms throughout Europe, I thought it was about time to put my experiences to paper!

  Is there any better way, than starting a blog, to get the life-lessons and new found perspectives I value out into the world?

  So that's my goal for Sabrina's Crossing: to share experiences, thoughts, readings, and other things I find interesting and believe are worth relaying.

  Sure I have Facebook and Twitter, but you can only get so much out of those mediums.

Playing in Sweden 2010-2011
  What can you expect from me? As a basketball player, you will get your fair share of hoops talk of course (both professional and collegiate). But I am a sports fan in general, so don't be surprised to see a wide variety of sports covered.

  In the past few years my interest in training, nutrition, and fitness has piqued. Expect some posts about my work outs, and some new things I may be trying out, or want to try out.

  Also, my concern, and displeasure with the American food system has also come to a head as of late. So I will be communicating those feelings, and spreading information, as well. I also love to try out new recipes, so I might throw in a recipe or two on occasion.

View from my apartment this season in Dunkerque.
  As a Portlander, I have a great sense of pride in the area I grew up, and the things that come from the Rose City. You can expect to see my enthusiasm for the beautiful scenery, Nike, food carts and other things that make my hometown unique.

  And lastly, but maybe most importantly, I am an American living in Europe. So a great deal of what I will write about will be my experiences as I continue to travel the world while playing basketball!

  It's a different perspective than most people have. Living overseas, and being immersed in the culture is vastly different than visiting for a few weeks here or there. I love sharing the experiences I've had, and love conversing with people about their travels abroad.

  Bear with me as I get things started. I'll share more and more about myself as time goes on. I will be interested to see the feedback I get and am excited to share my journey with you!


1 comment:

  1. OMG AMAZING WAY TO START THIS BLOG I LOVE THE WAY YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO ME IT MADE ME KNOW YOU BETTER THAN ON TWITTER YOU CANT REALLY TELL ABOUT A PERSON IN 140 CHARACTERS. GREAT JOB BRI DEE

    ReplyDelete