Friday, February 1, 2013

Bye Week: Time to Hit the Road

The City of Lights!

  There's a good and a bad side to having a bye week in sports.

  The bad is that you have to wait longer in between games. In my case, two weeks. Two straight weeks of practice after practice, mid-season, can be a little monotonous.  

  On the flip side, the good, is that usually (though not always) your coach gives you the weekend off. With a couple extra free days, you have the rare opportunity to travel a bit while in-season.

  Last season, I hit London on a bye weekend. This year: The City of Lights!

  It's a last minute trip, so I am planning on the fly. My goal: to see as many things as I possibly can in 34 hours in Paris. My 'to see' list is long, so we'll see how many things I can get to!

  Of course I already have the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, Notre Dame, the Louvre, and other major attractions on my list. But if you've spent time in Paris, and have any 'off the beaten path' suggestions, or places you really enjoyed, I would love to hear about them!

  Bon weekend, and I'll let you know how my quick trip to Paris was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment