Friday, October 14, 2011

How Important Is It?


  A friend posted this on their Facebook wall this morning, and I thought it was a good subject for a quick Friday blog. I would change one thing however: "If it is important ENOUGH to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

 
  These are the things that we absolutely refuse to fail at. If we fail once, we'll give it another shot using another method. But we will not stop until we have a found a way. Obviously the most successful people are the ones who value accomplishing the little things just as much as they value accomplishing the big ticket items.

  Of course we have our priorities. It's human nature to value one thing over another. So the things that are of the highest importance will get done first, while the things that are least important probably WON'T get done.

  To me, importance and motivation are closely tied. The things we value the most, are also the things we have the highest motivation to accomplish.

  So here's my question: if we are trying to improve ourselves, how do we change what we find important, thus our level of motivation??? I definitely don't have the answer to that. But it's something to chew on over the weekend!

  What are the things you'll get done at any cost??

  Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. You know what...I'm going to print it and stick it in your team's locker room!!! Maybe that can help... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID THAT WHEN THE INSURANCE SAID NO TO BLAIR HAVING THE GASTRIC PASSMARKER. THEY SAID YOU CANT FIGHT A INSURANCE COMPANY WELL THEY ARE WRONG. I FIRST WROTE THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND THEY SENT HER AN LETTER THAT SHE WAS A BAD INVESTMENT I WENT NUTS. I TOLD THE PRESIDENT OF THE INSURANCE COMPANY SINCE WHEN IS A PERSON LIFE AN INVESTMENT. FROM THE DAY THEY SAID NO UNTIL THE DAY THEY SAID YES I NEVER STOPPED WRITING SEEING OR TRYING TO CHANGE THE LAW IN THE UNTIED STATES. SENATE CONGRESSMAN FOUGHT WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY ON BENEFIT OF BLAIR. EVEN HILLARY CLINTON DID WHEN SHE WAS THE FIRST LADY TRIED TO GET HER HUBBY TO DO SOMETHING. OMG THE HEAD OF THE LABOR DEPARTMENT WENT TO MY HUBBY EMPLOYER WE WENT TO COURT AND LOSE IT STILL DID NOT STOP ME. NOTHING AND NO ONE WOULD COULD ME. BTW THE LABOR DE[DEPARTMENT NEVER EVER GETS INVOLVED IN A INDIVIDUAL FIGHT BUT THEY DID FOR BLAIR. WE TOOK THEM TO COURT BUT LOSE BECAUSE OF WHAT OTHER INSURANCE APPROVED. THE PROBLEM WAS THAT THE COUNTRY DID NOT GO FOR A FULL BLOWN OF THE FDA THEY COULD A THING CALL FOR COMPARTMENT HELP. THEY TO FOUGHT WITH THE INSURANCE WHEN IN THAT LETTER STATED THE LAW WRONG. FINALLY THE INSURANCE COMPANY CHANGE THEIR MINDS AND APPROVED THE IT. BUT THE DR WOULD WAS WORLD FAMOUS LEFT BC OF ALL THE FIGHTING WITH INSURANCE TO WORK FOR PHYSICIANS WITHOUT BORDER. HE TOLD ME IN A LETTER HE WAS ABLE TO DO MEDICAL CARE BETTER THERE THAN IN THE US WE TOOK HER TO TWO NEW DR IN WASHINGTON DC BUT BY THE TIME THEY COULD DO IT MY HUSBAND INSURANCE COMPANY CHANGED. AGAIN I HAD TO FIGHT AND FINALLY HER ILLNESS TOOK A DIFFERENT TURN AND I HAD TO FIGHT WITH A MORON DR TELLING HIM TO DO GENETIC TEST WHEN SHE STARTING TO COUGH UP BLOOD. HE HAD ALL THE DR IN CENTRAL VA AREA BELIEVING THAT SHE WAS FAKING IT. FINALLY I FOUND A DR WOULD LISTEN AND KNOW WHAT WAS WRONG. AGAIN IT WAS A LITTLE TO LATE. THE MORNING OF HER DEATH HE TOOK A TEST I LEFT HER 15 MINUTESSHE THE REST IS HISTORY BUT 2 WEEKS LATER IN ON MY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY I GOT AN EMAIL I WAS CORRECT IF SHE WAS ON A SPECIAL VITAMIN SHE WOULD BE ALIVE TODAY IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. AFTER SHE DIED I AM SORRY TO SAY I LOST MY I GUESS MY FEELING TO FIGHT. I TRIED TO GET AN ATTORNEY TO SUE THEM BUT IN MY STATE THEY ARE IN WITH THE DRS. I WAS NOT GOING TO KEEP THE MONEY I WAS GOING TO OPEN A AN FOUNDATION LIKE V. TO HELP OTHER KIDS FIGHTING TO HELP WITH PAYING FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. I WAS GOING TO NAME IT "BLAIR'S BUTTERFLY" I GUESS IN A WAY I LEFT HER DOWN BY NOT MAKING THE FOUNDATION I TRIED EVERYTHING I COULD BUT THEN I BECAME ILL. 20TH JAN 2012 @ 6:15 AM DLG

    ReplyDelete